Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Worldwide
Uncover the glamour and rich heritage of France, as you journey from iconic Paris to the heart of romantic Provence and the dazzling French Riviera. Stay in luxurious hotels and be introduced to passionate foodies and historians.
- Paris: Enjoy traditional French cuisine at your Welcome Dinner at Le Club, a local restaurant nestled on the river Siene.
- Paris: Join a passionate food connoisseur for a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Visit a variety of patisseries, boulangeries and chocolatiers, taste delicious specialities and meet passionate foodies along the way.
- Maincy: Get a glimpse of local life when your host Caroline welcomes you to her family home for an intimate meal. Enjoy making new friends while you savour home-cooked French fare at its best.
- Provence: Indulge at the Michelin-starred Maison Prevot, nestled in the heart of Provence. Savour a lunch embracing contemporary, gourmet cuisine and follows the rhythms of the seasons from locally sourced ingredients.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Paris: Visit the iconic Eiffel Tower for lunch with wine and marvel at Paris in all its glory.
- Paris: Experience first-class comfort as your travel aboard the TGV train to Avignon, passing through the French countryside.
- Avignon: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the City of Popes, Avignon. See the medieval fortified city walls and the immense Gothic Papal Palace.
- Arles: Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh as your Local Expert walks you through the city that inspired many of the artist's paintings.
- Arles: Visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre and a collection of structures dating back to when the city was a capital during Roman rule.
- Provence: Appreciate the engineering genius of the Ancient Romans, during a visit to Pont du Gard, the world's best-preserved aqueduct and a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site.
- Les-Baux-de-Provence: Explore the village's winding streets and take in panoramic views from one of the most picturesque villages in France, set atop an outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowed with a ruined castle.
- St Remy-de-Provence: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the village of St-Remy-de-Provence.
- Aix-en-Provence: In Aix-en-Provence, stroll through elegant mansions and maybe relax at one of the bustling cafes of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Lourmarin Visit the tree lined avenues of Lourmarin and explore the lively market featuring crafts,clothing and local delicacies.
- Monaco: Join your Travelling Concierge for guided sightseeing of glamourous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town, and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander along the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.
- Corniche Roads: Admire the stunning views along Europe's most beautiful coast as you travel the 'Moyenne Corniche', clinging to rocks between sea and sky.
- French Riviera: Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild along the French Riviera and marvel at its extensive art collection, wonderful gardens and panoramic vistas.
- Paris: Situated in the heart of the aristocratic district of Le Marais, this modern hotel places you moments away from iconic attractions such as Canal Saint-Martin and the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Its elegant guest bedrooms, luxury spa, traditional restaurant, bar and lounges are complimented by magnificent views of the Le Marais skyline.
- Aix-en-Provence: Once a private residence, recently revamped Chateaud de Fonscolombes has been immaculately restored as a five star boutique hotel, in 18th century style. Located in the heart of Provence this hotel has its own wine estate, L'Orangerie restaurant and comfortable guest rooms. Be made to feel like a member of a royal family, with a full run of these lavish grounds and gracious salons.
- Monte Carlo: Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, this prestigious hotel is a destination in its own right, boasting a stunning rooftop pool, an in-house casino and a luxury spa.
- Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte: Enjoy a VIP visit to the oldest chateau in France, de Vaux-le-Vicomte. Walk through the picturesque gardens and see the theatrical majesty and artistic design of the grounds.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel to boutique river cruising and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call (345) 949-8182 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15519726
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris.: On arrival at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, you are transferred to your five-star hotel situated in the heart of Paris. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure, perhaps indulging in a spa treatment or venturing out to explore the nearby Trocadero square that consists of amazing buildings and a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a spectacular Welcome Dinner at Le Club, a local restaurant ideally nestled on the river Seine. Raise a glass of French wine and toast to your adventure, as you savour traditional French cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients. (Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel.
|Day 2||VIP Visit to Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte||VIP Visit to Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte.: Step into the 17th century during an exclusive VIP visit to the largest privately-owned chateau in France, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, with its magnificent formal gardens. Designed in 1653 by the King's principle architect, Louis Le Vau, the chateau is the embodiment of revolutionary design and set the tone for the classical era of French architecture. The estate's gardens are equally impressive, comprising of 40 hectares of treasures, including decorated fountains, patterned flower beds and timeless statues. Experience Chateau Vaux-Le-Vicomte on a walk through the gardens. This evening, return to Paris and enjoy an evening at leisure. [CC] If you are traveling on a Chairman's Collection departure, Count Richard de Warren invites you to the luxurious Hotel Alfred Sommier for a traditional Parisian meal and to learn about the history of his aristocratic family. [/CC] (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Paris||Gourmet Foodie Walk and the Eiffel Tower.: Enjoy a relaxed start to the day, before embarking on the most quintessential of French experiences-- a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Join your Local Expert and food connoisseur and visit a variety of boutique shops, including patisseries, boulangeries, chocolatiers, baguette cafes and tiny cheese shops. Discover why Paris is so famous for its cuisine and meet passionate foodies along the way. Visit the Eiffel Tower for lunch with wine and marvel at vistas of Paris in all its glory. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Why not ask your Travelling Concierge to arrange a visit to the Lourve Museum? (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 4||Aix-en-Provence||Avignon and Pont du Gard.: Travel first class onboard the TGV train to Avignon, once home to the Papacy. On arrival, join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of the city. After free time for lunch visit Pont du Gard, one of the world's best-preserved ancient Roman aqueducts and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then travel to your scenic hotel in Provence, in wine and walking country. In the evening, enjoy a delicious dinner at your boutique hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Chateau de Fonscolombe, Aix-en-Provence.
|Day 5||Aix-en-Provence||St Remy de Provence.: This morning pass through the quaint village of Eygalieres, old home of the 'Frank Sinatra of France' Charles Aznazour, before making your way to the charming St Remy de Provence, birthplace of the prophet Nostradamus. Visit the St Remy market, a bustling market filled with local artisan stalls. Embrace contemporary, gourmet cuisine that follows the rhythms of the seasons for lunch at the Michelin-starred, Maison Prevot. An institution, totally dedicated to Provencal gastronomy with seasonal menus that reflect the bounty of the region. Journey back to your hotel for an afternoon at leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Chateau de Fonscolombe, Aix-en-Provence.
|Day 6||Aix-en-Provence||Arles and Olive Groves.: Join your Local Expert and follow in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh on a guided walk through Arles. Inspired by the wild beauty and sunbaked houses of Provence, Van Gogh painted over 200 masterpieces in and around the town. Stroll along the Rhone River, which cuts through the city, and visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre, dating back to A.D. 90. During Roman occupation, this prominent structure drew crowds of up to 20,000 spectators who came to revel in the excitement of chariot races and bloody battles. Today the amphitheatre hosts plays, concerts and bullfights. This afternoon, make your way into the heart of Provence to Moulin de Calanquet, an olive oil mill active since the 19th century, and listen to the history of the family as you walk through the olive trees. Discover a variety of aromas and flavours as you treat your taste buds to a diverse tasting of oils, jams and spreads. Continue the day in Provence with a visit of Les Baux-de-Provence. Set atop a rocky outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowned with castle ruins, this village has a reputation as one of the most picturesque in France. (Breakfast)|
Chateau de Fonscolombe, Aix-en-Provence.
|Day 7||Monaco||Provence and Monaco.: Journey to the village of Lourmarin and explore the lively market. Walk down the tree lined avenues and browse through local crafts and clothing and perhaps sample some of the local delicacies and enjoy some free time for a light lunch. Experience Provence Your Way. Choose either to join a guided walk through wooded hilltops and valleys, alongside olive groves and vineyards to discover the many works of contemporary art along your way. Alternatively visit the cellars designed by the great contemporary architect, Jean Nouvel, learn how organic and biodynamic principles are implemented at each stage of the wine-making process before a tasting of the award-winning wines. Journey to the Principality of Monaco, ruled by the Grimaldi family since the 13th century and famous for being the seaside playground of the rich and famous. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 8||Monte Carlo||The Glitz and Glamour of Monaco.: Join your Travelling Concierge for sightseeing of glamorous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander the old town of Monaco and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainer and Princess Grace. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring this fashionable resort town or perhaps venturing further afield to seaside Nice. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 9||Monte Carlo||Corniche Roads and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.: Embark on a dazzling drive along the Corniche roads of the Riviera and take in breathtaking views along Europe's most beautiful coast. Travel the Moyenne Corniche road, clinging to rocks between sea and sky, for spectacular views. Stop en route to appreciate sweeping panoramas of the sparkling Mediterranean and lavish villas. Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, one of the finest listed buildings on the French Riviera. The Baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild collected art works from all over the world, transforming the Villa at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat into an art lover's paradise. Explore its nine wonderful gardens, complete with musical fountains, and enjoy stunning views over the Riviera. In the evening, raise a glass to new adventures and friendships at your Celebration Dinner with champagne, hosted at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 10||Monaco||Farewell Monaco.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and enjoy a private transfer to Nice airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (08 May and 11 Sep) Chairman's Collection: These departures will have dinner with Count Richard de Warren instead of dining with an EatWith host. (22 May and 17 Jul) Special Small Groups: These departures are limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class