2021: Norwegian Fjords (6920)
11 Day Tour from Oslo to Oslo
Your affordable guided tour of Norway focuses on the country's natural beauty with its glistening mountains, fjords, waterfalls, and glaciers. Your budget travel tour of Norway starts in Oslo and explores the idyllic Norwegian landscapes and harbor towns-rich in the folklore of pirates, Vikings, and smugglers through the Napoleonic Wars. You'll follow the southern coast of the country by coach and ferry to fascinating Bergen where you will spend two nights with plenty time to discover the bustling harbor and taste salmon at the fish market. Highlights of your vacation include a fascinating Flam train journey through the world's most breathtaking scenery, followed by a cruise across the legendary Sognefjord to Loen-home to some of Norway's oldest farms. Travel to Lillehammer, where the 1994 Winter Olympics took place, and known for its exciting arts scene. Stop in Hamar on the shores of Lake Mjosa-one of the deepest lakes in Europe. Here, you'll also visit a spectacular open-air museum and the remains of a 950-year-old cathedral. Upon your return to Oslo, your guided sightseeing tour includes outdoor exhibition of the sculptures of famed artist Gustav Vigeland. You'll fall in love with Norway's beauty, culture, and history on your escorted Norwegian tour. Norway's magic will stay with you long after your affordable travel adventure.
Call (345) 949-8182 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243704
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring Oslo, bustling capital of this land of fjords, mountains, glaciers, and waterfalls. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Kristiansand||Today, travel along the scenic 'Norwegian Riviera'-the Sorlandet (South Land) and the Skagerrak (a strait between Norway, Sweden, and Denmark)-and visit the idyllic harbor town of Arendal. A port since the 14th century, it is known for its timber exports and its old Town Hall, the tallest wooden structure in the country. Overnight in Kristiansand, founded in 1641 and today an important industrial center. Here, you will enjoy time at the lively fiskebrygga (fish market), the perfect place to watch the entertaining fishmongers or relax at one of the numerous sidewalk cafes.Today's Distance: 205 mi/ 330 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Stavanger||More ruggedly beautiful coastal scenery awaits this morning as you head into the Lista region, popular holiday area for the Norwegians and hot spot for surfers. Stop to visit some of the pristine coastal villages of whitewashed timber and lighthouses such as Flekkejord and Farsund. Overnight in Stavanger, where you can stroll through the Old Town to see a 12th-century cathedral and captivating collection of 18th- and 19th-century wooden buildings.Today's Distance: 146 mi/ 235 km (B)|
|Day 4||Bergen||Travel via Haugesund to board the ferry that takes you across Hardangerfjord. Have your camera ready to capture the incredible scenic vistas before arriving in pretty Bergen, the 'Green Meadow Among the Mountains.'Today's Distance: 199 mi/ 320 km (B)|
|Day 5||Bergen||Today is yours to explore Bergen at your own pace. You can spend time at Bryggen with its collection of colorful 14th-century Hanseatic buildings lining the harbor protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Consider joining one of our optional excursions to discover the history, traditions, and breathtaking views of this beautiful port city. (B)|
|Day 6||SOGNEFJORD AREA||A special treat today! Ride on the Bergen railway from Voss to Myrdal and then on the renowned Flam train from Myrdal to Flam. See some of the world's most breathtaking scenery-graceful waterfalls, towering mountains, and verdant valleys. Later, cruise across Norway's legendary Sognefjord Naeroyfjord.Today's Distance: 181 mi/ 292 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Loen||Reach the Nordfjorden region today and take a break in enchanting Loen, gateway to some of Norway's glaciers and home to some of the country's oldest farms.Today's Distance: 112 mi/ 180 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Loen||Enjoy a day at leisure to explore Loen and take advantage of some of the many available outdoor activities. Alternatively, sign up for an optional excursion including an unforgettable cruise on the Geiranger Fjord. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Lillehammer||Stop in Lom to see its iconic wooden stave church, which dates back to the 12th century. Continue to Lillehammer, host of the 1994 Winter Olympics and home today to a lively art scene.Today's Distance: 190 mi/ 305 km (B)|
|Day 10||Oslo||The dynamic city of Hamar is located on the eastern shore of Mjosa, the largest lake in Norway and one of the deepest lakes in Europe. Visit the fascinating open-air Ethnological Museum, an active archaeological site that includes ruins of a 950-year-old cathedral enclosed in a protective glass and steel structure. Later, return to Oslo for a guided tour. See the medieval Akershus Castle guarding the harbor, National Theater, Parliament, Royal Palace, Broadcasting House, and visit Frogner Park with more than 200 bronze and granite sculptures by artist Gustav Vigeland.Today's Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km (B)|
|Day 11||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).