Travel through some of Eastern Europe's most fascinating countries-Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, and the Czech Republic-each with a rich culture, fascinating history, and interesting historical sights. Your tour begins in Budapest, Eastern Europe's most cosmopolitan city, and ends in Prague with overnights in Bratislava, Vienna, and Ceske Budejovice. Sightseeing in each city includes the top-see attractions, including a visit to Heroes' Square in Budapest, founded in 1896 to represent 1000 years of Hungarian history; gothic St. Martin's Church in Bratislava, coronation church for the Kingdom of Hungary from the 16th to 19th centuries; St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna, dating back to the 12th-century; the Esztergom Basilica and Treasury, the largest church in Hungary; and in Prague, the Astronomical Clock, built in 1410, and Hradcany Castle grounds, dating from the 9th century. Enjoy a guided walking tour in the town of Cesky Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a cobbled Old Town and fine architecture in gothic, renaissance, and baroque styles, constructed between the 13th and 17th centuries.Globus has also included some special experiences for you. On the way to Prague, stop for a guided visit of Hluboka Castle; visit the Budvar (Budweiser) Brewery in Ceske Budejovice and enjoy a light lunch; and to get an authentic taste of life in Vienna, Globus has included an exclusive waltz dance class, and coffee and cake at a historic local cafe.Historical sights, fascinating history, exciting special experiences, an expert Tour Director, and knowledgeable Local Guides who bring these destinations to life this Eastern Europe tour has it all!
Call (345) 949-8182 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594395
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Budapest||Welcome to Budapest! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Budapest||Eastern Europe's most cosmopolitan city comes to life during your guided sightseeing. See elegant Andrassy Avenue, the Thermal Baths, and visit the world's second-largest Jewish SYNAGOGUE. From the lookout towers of Fishermen's Bastion, enjoy a panoramic view of the sprawling city, and admire the 13th-century Matthias Coronation Church and HEROES' SQUARE. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight, a delectable optional Hungarian specialty dinner can be arranged. (B)|
|Day 3||Bratislava||Esztergom was the capital of Hungary from the 10th through the mid-13th centuries and is the seat of the Roman Catholic Church in Hungary today. Your guided tour includes a visit to the ESZTERGOM BASILICA AND TREASURY, the largest church in Hungary. Continue to Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, and explore the historical center of Bratislava on foot with your Local Guide. Marvel at the medieval towers and fortifications, of which St. Michael's Gate is the oldest. See the medieval Town Hall, gothic ST. MARTIN'S CHURCH, and many palaces, like Grassalkovich Palace. Built around 1760, it is now residence of the Slovak president. Also see the Archiepiscopal Palace, seat of the Slovak government.Today's Distance: 261 mi / 420 km (B)|
|Day 4||Vienna||Cross the nearby Austrian border and arrive in Vienna, once the center of the mighty Habsburg Empire. Your guided sightseeing features a stop at the colorful and unusual Hundertwasserhaus, and a drive along the famous Ringstrasse with its magnificent buildings. See the Vienna State Opera House; the Jewish quarter; and stop at the Hofburg Palace, winter residence of the Austrian imperial family. Marvel at the impressive courtyards and famous HELDENPLATZ, and visit awesome ST. STEPHEN'S CATHEDRAL. This afternoon, in the city of Strauss, a special highlight is [LF] an exclusive WALTZ DANCING LESSON.Today's Distance: 93 mi / 150 km (B)|
|Day 5||Vienna||In the morning, [LF] join the locals at the historic Cafe Landtmann for Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake). Balance of the day at leisure. Why not join an optional excursion to splendid Schonbrunn Palace, the former imperial summer residence. (B)|
|Day 6||CESKE BUDEJOVICE||Cesky Krumlov is a small town in southern Bohemia in the Czech Republic. It has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, mainly for its fine architecture in gothic, renaissance, and baroque style, constructed between the 13th through the 17th centuries. A guided walking tour shows you the main sights, before arriving at your hotel.Today's Distance: 162 mi / 260 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Prague||Start today with a visit to magnificent HLUBOKA CASTLE, a national cultural monument of the Czech Republic. Return to Ceske Budejovice for [LF] an enjoyable visit to the BUDVAR (Budweiser) BREWERY, followed by a light lunch. Arrive in Prague, capital of the Czech Republic. An optional evening tour is available to explore Prague by night.Today's Distance: 112 mi / 180 km (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Prague||Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the 1,000-year-old HRADCANY CASTLE GROUNDS, which afford lovely views of St. Vitus Cathedral and the castle's walls and bastions. Originally laid out in the 16th-century, the grounds reached the present park-like form in the early 20th-century. Also see the Old Town, the Jewish ghetto, and the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK, once the envy of all Europe. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at one of Prague's fine restaurants. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Prague||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $550-$760Triple room reduction per person:$50Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).